Busca en Nuestros Archivos

Busca en Nuestro Blog

Translate / Traducir

18 diciembre, 2016

#Benefits of #Intermittent #Fasting for #Cancer #Patients

By Dr. David Jockers DC, MS, CSCS


Video Transcript: Benefits of Intermittent Fasting for Cancer Patients

Ty Bollinger: Do you ever recommend fasting for health and for cancer patients?

Dr. David Jockers: Absolutely! And you just brought that up. Just talking about the ketogenic cleanse, it is a fast. I’m a big fan of intermittent fasting. It’s something I do every single day. I think it’s a critical piece of a cancer killing diet. When we break down fasting, I want all our listeners to understand this, I look at a building phase and a cleansing phase.

So our building phase is a time between our first meal of the day and our last meal of the day. The typical American they might eat at 8:00am and finish eating
at 8:00pm. So it’s about a 12-hour building phase. And the cleansing phase would be the time from our last meal to our first meal. Okay. That’s like a one-to-one ratio. In our society today we’ve got so much toxicity that it’s that much more important that we have a greater cleansing phase than building phase.
On top of that, the great thing is when we’re on this ketogenic diet our hormones become balanced. Insulin and leptin, which is our satiety hormone so it helps us say that we’re no longer hungry. We’re satisfied. They become very balanced. Our body becomes very sensitive to it. So we’re really not as hungry. For myself I like to have anywhere between a 16 to 18 hour and sometimes even a 24-hour cleansing phase on a regular basis.
We’re doing this interview here. It’s 11:30 – 12:00, I haven’t eaten anything yet today. I worked out this morning. And you know what, my blood sugar is extremely stable. I feel really good. I feel really mentally clear. Now I’ll typically eat around 1:00pm or so and then finish eating by, let’s say, 6:00 – 7:00pm. And so that’s really my building phase.
I’ve gotten all the nutrients I need, but my body’s also been able to really cleanse and detoxify as I’ve gone through this cleansing phase. On the cleansing phase like, for example, the fasting, this morning I’ve drank probably about a half gallon of water so far today. So water is key because I want to move toxins out of my body. I don’t want them to just recirculate as they’re being released; as my body’s breaking down fat cells.
Intermittent fasting is a very, very powerful strategy that’s been shown to improve brain function, improve lean body tissue, [meaning] your percentage of muscle to body fat. It’s been shown basically to improve almost every aspect of your health. And so very, very profound when it comes to killing off cancer cells in your body too.
Sometimes we’ll recommend longer fasts and longer cleanses, but I think something that most people can do, unless you have a state of adrenal exhaustion or extreme adrenal fatigue, which some people do. Unless that’s the case, I always highly recommend going on a ketogenic intermittent fasting lifestyle because of the profound effects it has on destroying cancer cells in your body, regulating your hormones, and improving overall brain function. So very profound effects with that.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario