Busca en Nuestros Archivos

Busca en Nuestro Blog

Translate / Traducir

10 febrero, 2018

#Mushroomland: The #Mysterious #Story #Behind a #Creepy #YouTube #Channel


KrainaGrzybowTV (English translation: Mushroomland) is a bizarre YouTube channel that has become a viral sensation in its native Poland and across the world. This is the disturbing story behind it.

Warning: This article deals with disturbing subject matters.

I remember when I first randomly came across an episode of KrainaGrzybowTV. After about 45 seconds into it, I yelled out “NOPE”, closed my browser, and almost threw my computer out of the window. A few months later, a VC reader sent me a summary of the series and its disturbing symbolism. So I sat down and watch the entire thing. The experience left me feeling nauseated and thoroughly creeped out.

Each episode of Mushroomland is styled to look like an 80’s children’s TV show from Eastern Europe. The host of the show is Agatha, a young girl that has paper eyes over her actual eyes. Each episode begins with an “educational” theme (i.e. “How to Apple”), which then turns into a bizarre, confusing, and terrifying ordeal. Throughout the episodes, we learn that Agatha has actually been abducted by strange men and sent to a mysterious place called Mushroomland.

Rainbowland episodes were published on YouTube between 2013 and 2017, with each episode describing a different aspect of Agatha’s ordeal. The channel quickly became a viral sensation and garnered over 3 million views, a cult following … and some controversy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario